We are seeking a Staff Accountant to perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations and assists with monthly closing processes.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Cross-train with other staff accountants as needed for professional development and to maintain quality assurance on all job-critical skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of related experience required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate Excel experience and proficiency with accounting software.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and much more. For consideration, interested candidates can forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to [email protected].